Friday, January 16, 2009

The Weight of It All

Deployment brings with it a long list of negatives. For me, as well as many others, that list includes anxiety, stress, and a bit of depression. The anxiety and stress are really starting to wear me down. In fact, they are beginning to have physical manifestations. Of course the first was the acne. It is terrible. I hate zits anyway, and now, it looks like I am farming them, with a great looking crop popping up for this season. = (
The worst physical manifestation, though, is this weight I feel in my chest. It could be gas build up, or something else, but I think it is really just a symptom of the grief and anxiety I already feel.
I'm sure it will go away in time, but for now, I wake up each morning, acutely aware of the hurt in my heart, that causes the hurt in my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment