Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reality sets in

I feel like I want to vomit.
My husband just called, and he has to be packed up, and have everything in to work by noon tomorrow.
I have known that this was coming. I have been tying to prepare myself, and my girls, but this makes it too real. In about 20 minutes, he is going to walk through the door, and start taking all the things that are a huge part of his everyday life, his alarm clock, his clothes, etc, and putting them in bags. I won't see those things, or him, again for months.
I makes my insides hurt. I am, of course, on the brink of tears. My heart feels like it is in my throat, and all of my organs are out of place.

This is one of the worst moments of the entire process. The other two are the last night he spends with us before leaving, and when we take him to leave.

Ok. Now, I have to calm my system, and take a deep breath before I peek at my girls. Game face, you know. Just a part of the process and all that.
I will keep telling my self that until we get through it all.


Of course, I won't post this entry for a few days. So, by the time you read this, he will likely be gone, and the tears will have come many times since.

No comments:

Post a Comment