Saturday, January 24, 2009

One Week Down!

WE made it through our first week! I am really excited to be able to measure the time in any increment larger than a day. Every little thing helps.

This past week has been both better and worse than expected. For the girls, it was also a mixed week. Lilly has done really well. She has done a lot better than I expected her to. She cries every now and then. Random things can make her cry. Sometimes, things that I expect her to start bawling over have no bearing on her tear ducts, though. It is good. We hug and I talk to her each time. She reads the emails that Daddy writes to just the girls with me. So, she is getting some communication with him. All in all, I think she is doing very well.

Ava, on the other hand, is as usual the complete opposite of her sister. Not only did her Dad just leave, but she happens to be hitting the terrible twos at the same time. Yeah for me. I knew we would have problems when he left. After all, she is absolutely a daddy's girl. However, I don't think I was prepared for just how bad some of it was going to get. The first 48 hours were trial by fire with her. We had 2 full on temper tantrums, complete with ear splitting screaming, body arching making it impossible to move her, kicking, and the whole bit. There were at least 2 full meals flipped onto the floor, and all over her in once case.

No matter what happened, though, we are through a week. That is an accomplishment. I am happy. I look forward to the point were we get to start counting months down, versus weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment