Monday, January 12, 2009

Last Hurrah

Last night I went out with some friends. I decided that I wanted just one night before my husband leaves where I can go out, and not worry about a baby sitter, or when I come home. I wanted to be able to drink if I chose to, and just feel free one more time. IT was just a bunch of girls, going out to have a good time, while one of them still could.

In fact, the more I thought about it, it kind of felt like a bachelorette party, but instead of getting married after, I am effectively going to become a single parent after. Not nearly as much fun afterward, but it is the same sort of thing.

WE had a great time. WE went to a really nice place in La Jolla. The restaurant was on the 11th floor of a hotel and the view looked over the water. WE went in time to see the sunset, which was beautiful. It was also happy hour, so we got some incredible, and I mean incredible food at a great price. I would love to go back one day. Maybe sometime after my husband comes home I can take him there on a date. That would be fantastic.

After dinner we went to a movie. Movies in general aren't my thing, but it was spontaneous and fun. The girls wanted to, and I agreed to go along with it. The movie didn't really matter. Just being with friends was all I cared about.

These are the same friends that I expect to lean on a lot during the next year or so of my life. I know that they will be there when I need them, and even when I don't. That's what real friends are for. I am thankful that they are in my life.

We had a great time. I look forward to more great times, even if it means that I will have to be home a little earlier, and plan my activities a little more. It will still be fun, and I will still be hanging with my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment