Sunday, March 15, 2009

48/300 = ???

Now, I have to admit, my math skills aren't greatest. I wasn't fond of math in school, and by choice, never applied myself to it.

I however, can do some simple math, and realize that some numbers we were given don't quite add up.

We were just told that we can now schedule a Video Teleconference (VTC) with our spouse.

At this time, and as far as I know for the entire deployment, there are going to be 48 slots open for our command, on 3 different days, one day each of the next few months.

Now, my husband's command has a few hundred people in it. They gave us 48 slots.
So, only a very, very small percentage of the families will actually be able to see and talk to their spouses.

I am pretty upset. I am upset that we may not get a slot, and I am upset for all of the families that won't get a slot, because most of us won't.

I can only hope right now that we are given one of the slots. It is first come first, first served, but our spouses have to be the ones to request the slots. So, I have absolutely no control over getting us in. I can only hope and pray that my husband gets in line first.

I would love to be able to talk to him. I would even take my daughter out of school just to go to the teleconference so that both girls can chat with Daddy. We miss him so much.

Please, please, babe, be fast today, and get this done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment